Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Big Changes...

Well, b/c multiples is such a risky pregnancy we have been a little worried to shout it from the roof tops. The rumours are true and yes we are expecting twins. Our goal is to have them born at 37 wks which would mean October 5. That minimizes the chances of them needing to stay in the hospital longer than I do.


This is our little girl. She has her back turned to us...


This is our little boy all nuzzled w/his face close to his hands.

We are all shocked and thrilled. 3 under 2 was never the plan but what in life ever goes as planned. I still have no idea how we will both be balancing work, a tot, and twins but that is where you just sort of put your trust in the Lord and let him figure out the details.


This was their first U/S at 5 wks... talk about a surprise!


This was at 6wks 4 days when both had a strong heart beat

5 comments:

Amy said...

Oh MY GOODNESS! You are pregnant? With twins? Wow! Congratulations! I am so excited for you! I hope everything goes well and they are all (all your kids I mean) healthy. Wow. I am so excited for you!

CCmomma said...

CONGRATS! I'm so excited for you! I can't make some sweet baby things for you! Email me when you have a few seconds. I want to do a post on THE BIG NEWS, I'll feature you, my sis and another girl's reactions when they found out they were prego with 2! Love to you all!
~Corrine

Megan Dougherty said...

Well now you might actually look pregnant! Hehe! I just remember with Harmon you looked barely pregnant at church one Sunday and then the next thing I heard is that you had your baby. Congratulations! I hope you are being blest with better health this time around! Take it easy! I am so excited for you!

Mama said...

Finally the word is out! You didn't say that it was YOU, Francisca, not the Doc, that found the second baby! No kidding, she says to the Doc (during the ultrasound), "what's that?" and he says, "OH, that is another baby!" Couldn't forget sister! (Or was it brother) Congrats!

Francisca and Chris said...

Yeah it was me who pointed out the extra sac... been around the Nest too much not to know what I'm looking at :p It was my baby girl who was the surprise package. Chris couldn't believe it was twins for about 2 mos after we out... and now he can't believe one is a girl and one is a boy!